The Pelvic Pain Foundation holds a training seminar for Health Professionals each year.
In 2016, the Seminar will be held on October 15 – 16, in Adelaide.
The seminar provides practical training in how to confidently and effectively manage a wide range of pelvic pain conditions in General and Specialist Practice.
Please click on the link for a list of speakers, topics and seminar details.
Topics covered include:
– Bladder pain and interstitial cystitis
– Medications for central sensitisation in pelvic pain
– How to assess pelvic muscles and musculoskeletal contributors to pelvic pain
– How to assess and manage dysmenorrhoea and endometriosis
– Vulval concerns, STI syndromes for exclusion and urethral symptoms
– Hormonal headaches and migraine
– Mens pelvic pain
– GP Care Plans for patients with chronic pain
– Imaging in pelvic pain: advances in ultrasound
– The role of opiates in pelvic pain
– Psychological aspects of chronic pelvic pain
Seminar cost: $175 before August 30. $225 after September 1.
Medical, nursing or physiotherapy students $50
Further information and registration enquiries should be directed to conference organiser Ms Michelle Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org
CPD points for GPs will be applied for.
A certificate of attendance will be provided to other delegates.