LongSTEPPP stands for the Longitudinal Study of Teenagers with Endometriosis, Period and Pelvic Pain in Australia and is a 5-year study starting in 2022.
LongSTEPPP believes that period and pelvic pain can be managed to prevent chronic pain and endometriosis.
- The study is for young people aged 10-18 years and their parent/guardian who have been referred to a Gynaecologist (public or private) or an endometriosis and pelvic pain clinic.
Sign up here via our webpage: https://www.mcri.edu.au/research/projects/longsteppp
- The purpose is to find out how we can best care for young people experiencing period pain, pelvic pain, or who may have suspected or confirmed endometriosis.
- We started mid-2022 and will be running until the at least end of 2027. We check in on participants yearly for 5 years with a series of online questionnaires.
- It takes the young person about an hour a year and their parent guardian about 20 minutes and all of it can be done online.
- For additional information and questions please see the contact details below: