BY MICHELLE NIELSEN
- 1kg chicken pieces or drumsticks
- 3 large lemons
- 1 red onion
- 1 whole bulb garlic cut in half
- 200g pumpkin (skin on)
- 200g sweet potato (skin on)
- 200g potato (skin on)
- 2 carrots (skin on)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Chop potato, sweet potato and pumpkin into roughly 5cm cubes. Quarter carrots. Chop onion into wedges and cut garlic bulb in half, crossways.
- Add potato to the pot and cover with water and bring to the boil on the stove. After it has boiled for a few minutes add the sweet potato and carrot. Once parboiled, drain and chuff the vegetables (rough them up – it makes them extra crispy).
- While the vegetables are parboiling, cut one of the lemons into thin slices. Divide chicken between 2 large baking dishes, spread out and top with lemon.
- Arrange parboiled vegetables, pumpkin, onion and garlic (cut side up) in baking dishes, around the chicken.
- Juice 2 remaining lemons. Whisk lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper until combined. Pour evenly over chicken and vegetables. Remove rosemary leaves from sprigs and scatter over top.
- Cover trays with foil and roast for 50 minutes.
- Remove foil from trays and roast for another 20 minutes or until nicely browned and cooked through.
- Strain off pain juices, pour into a saucepan and simmer until slightly reduced.
- Serve chicken and roast veg with sauce drizzled over the top. This dish is lovely with steamed green vegetables too.