Of the 61 schools visited from 20th May – 31st December 2019:
- 93.78% have had at least one period in their life, while 3.15% of students did not have a uterus (boys).
- 50.84% of students said they have experienced regular severe period pain over the last 6 months. And 42.44% said that their period has significantly interfered with their usual daily activities over the last 6 months.
- 35.95% of students said they have experienced bowel and bladder pain in the past 6 months. 20.6% stated they regularly missed school or work because of their period over the last 6 months.
- 24.63% of students felt sure there was something wrong with their periods over the last 6 months.
This data aligns with the PIPPA (Period ImPact and Pain Assessment) tool. MDOT Study, Parker, Sneddon and Arbon. BJOG 2010; ©Parker, Sneddon, Arbon 2010.
sStudents at Salisbury East High School, South Australia.
% of stu91.5% of stu
- 91.67% of students said PPEP Talk® taught them things about the human body that they didn’t know and 90.27% of students found the PPEP Talk® enjoyable and informative.
- 90.72% of students said PPEP Talk® would help them with their period pain in some way. The other 9.28% did not have their period yet, did not have pain or did not have a uterus (boys). 93.52% of students said PPEP Talk® would help them with their general health in some way.
- 64.68% of students thought it was normal for girls to be worried by their period pain/symptoms before the PPEP Talk® but after 97.97% of students said they would seek help if they were worried by their period pain/symptoms.
Students have said:
- Very helpful. I feel I have more options to help with my period pain now. Thank you
- Very informative and interesting. Made me more open-minded about other girls and their periods
- Have more of these sorts of talks at schools, it was really helpful
- Supportive and open, made the topic somewhat comfortable and very informative
Students at Keith Area School, South Australia.
100% of staff who attended found the PPEP Talk® useful and age appropriate for their students. 100% of staff would like to see the PPEP Talk® come to their school again next year.
Teachers have said:
- I learnt a lot myself as a teacher, now I can better support my students going through these pains. Great presentation.
- I really enjoyed the speaker’s approach, she made it fun, informative, relaxed and comfortable for the students.
- Very good presentation which created very valuable discussion amongst students